Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to Reality

Well I'm back in the office today, after a lovely 6 days off it was a little hard to get up this morning. CW is STILL on vacation (I really should have joined the RCMP) so I left him with a To-Do List today. We went to IKEA yesterday and we now have a growing pile of things to accomplish around the house before we can even set up our new purchases.
Our vacation went really well. I am officially a part of the Honour Guard, ready to stand at attention for great lengths of time in extremely uncomfortable shiny boots, and I am very proud of myself. I caught a flight to meet CW and his family late Sunday night and was rewarded with a nice soak in the hot tub and a late night glass of wine. The next day we were supposed to 'play' with CW's brother at his ERT practice but it was cancelled due to an incident that took place Sunday afternoon. There was a gang shooting (which is not common in my neck of the woods) and one very prominent gang member was killed, a young girl was left paralyzed and another gang member was shot in the face and left in critical condition. So CW's brother and his team was busy patrolling the hospital and crime scene for hours on end.
It wasn't a huge loss, we were able to play with the kids and meet some old friends for lunch. We got to have a great family BBQ on the deck in the sunshine which was wonderful. Shared some laughs, good food and good drinks.
The next day we took the kids (CW's brother has 2 great children ages 4 and 2) to the 'Goat Walk' where we got to feed the goats, horses and other farm animals which they loved, not as much as the ice cream of course. It is so nice to see CW play with the kids, I know he will make an excellent father one day.
We made a quick return as CW got a call for some over time at home. There was a fairly large grow-op bust in our community and they needed all members to help. The money is too good to turn down and as much as I hate when he has to leave on short notice and for hours at a time (and comes home smelling like a pot plant) we can always use the extra income.
So while I work this weekend CW will be doing chores and next week we will begin moving my stuff in and starting to build our nest together.

No comments:

Post a Comment