Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Holidays

Well I'm here in the office today. I'm finding I am missing life in the field more and more. The nice weather makes me want to be riding in a red and white noise maker dealing with blood and gore and helping little old ladies that have fallen out of bed. Instead I'm sitting in the office, reading blog after blog. My favourite right now, besides Mr. Grayson at A Day in the Life of An Ambulance Driver, is A Police Wife. I'm really starting to embrace the life as a police officer's significant other and her blog is really helping me.
Cst. Wonderful (my amazing boyfriend shall henceforth be known as this to protect his identity) is on holidays right now and I am finding it increasingly difficult to roll out of bed at 0500hrs while he continues to sleep in the rest of the day. However, he is putting a nice dent in the to-do list.
The to-do list. It haunts me in the night. See Cst. Wonderful (let's call him CW for short) and I are moving in together at the end of Sept. and I will be making the move to his 'bachelor pad' so we are busy trying to turn it into a real home for the both of us. I'm looking forward to a little time off next week when we go to see his family for a few days (then stop at IKEA on the way back). We are excited to see his niece and nephew and his world travelling dad!
Anyways, this is my new way of getting connected to the outside world, with other medics, other dispatchers, and other police girlfriends, wives, fiances etc. So I look forward to *meeting* new people in the blogging world.

No comments:

Post a Comment